2,000 ft. to 9,157 ft. at Mt. Lemmon.
From undulating Grasslands to the Mexican Oak-Pine Forest of the Catalinas, Rincons, and Santa Ritas.
Average of 7-30” annually, varying with elevation.
Conservation Practices on the Ground
- Prescribed Burning of Grazing Lands
- Adaptive Management of Ranches
- Surface and Sub surface Irrigation Practices
- Watering Facilities, Pipelines and Wells
- Solar Conversions of Fossil Fuel Equipment
Land Ownership in Pima
- Federal 598,750 acres
- State 786,900 acres
- County 7,200 acres
- Private 756,290 acres
Primary Resource Concerns
Watershed Health—Soil Erosion
Urban Expansion/Loss of Production Lands
Allocation and Quality of Water