About the District
The Parker Valley NRCD was organized in July 1957. The boundaries overlap two states Arizona, California and the Colorado River. The District includes three
counties, La Paz, San Bernardino, and Riverside which defines the Colorado River Indian Reservation.
360 ft. above sea level.
Western Sonoran Desert, with 80,000 acres irrigated cropland.
Average of 2-4” annually.
Conservation Practices on the Ground
- Irrigation System Reorganization
- Irrigation Water Management
- Riparian Noxious/Invasive Species
- Riparian Restoration
Land Ownership in Parker Valley
- La Paz County - 220,125 acres
- San Bernardino County - 37,696 acres
- Riverside County - 6,226 acres
Primary Resource Concerns